This blog post is targeted for the individuals who aspire to become an entrepreneur and want to develop their own web site using WordPress.
Believe I faced the same situation when I first encountered a word press website and client of mine said to me develop a custom template for word press.
I was little astonished and excited when I googled for it. And that time there were very few resources to do that but now my fellow developers around the world has come up with lot of blogs for doing this. In references section at bottom you may find few links to them.
So basically as we know WordPress is based on PHP so our template would be. Its very simple to develop a word press template. and also after finishing you need to set it to proper page.
So that template would be presented to your viewers.
- Please visit filemanager for your webhosting where wordpress is installed or use filezilla to access.
- Please open relevant themes folder in wp-content directory.
- Create a directory any name of your choice , For eg templ
- No go inside the newly created directory.
- Create a file called eg . custompage.php
/** * Template Name: Blogs Page */
Above code snippet is special systax to be at top of your custom template php file. So it will tell word press the this page would act as a template for the web page.
Now if you have page already added in your wordpress just open the page in edit and set its tamplate to the page we have created.
Please see the video above for final output.
Thanks for reading.